How Do I Schedule an Appointment?
Last Updated: 07/29/20
We currently have one resident artist’s book that is open. You may view his portfolio and if you like what you see on his page underneath his portfolio there is a button to request an appointment with him. Just click that button, fill out that form and we will get in contact w/ you to get you scheduled. He is booked out about 9 to 10 weeks at this point.
Direct Link to Request Appointment for Richard Young: http://www.thesilverkeytattoo.com/artists/richard-young/request-for-appointment
We also have two guest artist’s books that are open. You may view their portfolios and if you like what you see on their page, there is an email listed to contact the guest artist. The guest artists do all of their own scheduling, so I, unfortunately, cannot tell you what days they still have available.
If you prefer a different artist than listed above, their books are currently closed but if you are okay with the wait and would like to be notified when an artist’s book reopens please sign up for our emails on our website and see the scheduling process below for artist's books who are closed.
How the Scheduling Process Works w/ Artist's Books Who Are Currently Closed:
Artist's Books That Are Currently Closed: John, Doozer, Emi, Jesse, Megan, & Joe
- When we open up an artist’s schedule we book 3-4 months at a time. All of our artists open their books in different months. We should open up at least one artist's book a month for the following 4 months.
- We first contact all continuing clients from the previous 4 months and get them scheduled. A continuing client is one that was in the previous 4 months. We have this policy of once you are in, you are in as long as you keep scheduling at least one appointment for the next 4-month block. The moment you take a break for 4 months we require you to resign up for the emails to get notified when books reopen.
- After we get all of the continuing clients scheduled, we then open up the books to new clients by sending out an email to announce that the artist’s books are open. This is the first way of announcing that an artist’s books are open. To sign up for these emails please go to our website and at the bottom, you will see an area that says “SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS” . Here is a screenshot showing where to sign up:
- We always send out emails at 10 am CST. We will also post on Facebook and Instagram so if you prefer to follow us on our social media pages, instead of receive emails feel free!
- When you receive the email, click on it, it will then take you to a form that you will fill out to request an appointment with that artist. If you have trouble filling out the form please call us at 563-322-0257. If the form has been filled out correctly you will receive an email with a copy of the form you just filled out and once you hit submit it should thank you for filling out the form.
- We have been known to close the appointment request form within anywhere from 1-72 hour(s) after opening the books so please fill out the form the email takes you to as soon as you get it.
- We will then call or text everyone in the order that they contacted us to get them scheduled. Our artists get to choose the tattoos that best fit their style when their books reopen. Not all tattoos will be selected by the artist.
- Sometimes it takes us about 1-4 weeks to get back to everyone and get them scheduled. If you feel like you have been waiting a while and want to make sure you got on the list, feel free to call us at 563-322-0257.
Another Option – Cancellation List:
- Another option of getting in sooner is to sign up for our cancellation list, which you can sign up on our website here: http://www.thesilverkeytattoo.com/cancellations — Cancellations are not guaranteed but they do happen from time to time. Please make sure to fill out all the information correctly on our Cancellation List form and if we get a cancellation we will text you to see if you would like to fill the spot. If you receive a text and for some reason cannot make it, please text us and let us know. If we receive no response, we do take you off the cancellation list.